Artistic creativity has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. My passion was ignited by a father skilled in the fine arts and a mother skilled in cake decorating, pastries and flower arranging. Infused with the combined talents of both of my parents, I embarked on the sugar art world. I have over 30 years of sugar art knowledge and experience as well as 8 years of professional event management experience.
- Owner & Artist of Chantal’s Cakes and Desserts LLC 2007 – Present
- Founder, Owner & Director of the Sugar Artists of Utah Show 2017 – Present
- International Certified Judge 2019 – Present
- Sugar Art Instructor 2018 – Present
- Utah’s International Cake Exploration Societe’ Representative 2013 – 2018
- Utah’s International Cake Exploration Societe’ 1st Alternate Representative 2012 -2013
- Event Manager Allstar Events & Venues in SoCal 2001 – 2009
- Featured in the International Cake Exploration Societe’ April 2017 – Vol 38 Issue 7 Newsletter https://ices.org/
- Cake Central Sketch to Cake Interview https://www.cakecentral.com/blog/61873/elie-saab-sketch-to-cake-chantal-fairbourn
- Cake Central Elie Saab October 2016 Fashion Cassie Cake Volume 7 Issue 4
- Cake Central Elie Saab September 2015 Fashion Volume 7 Issue 4
- Utah Bride Blog May 2015 Whitney Ruffle Cake
- Cakes Decor Buttercream Cakes http://cakesdecor.com/entries/3397-cakesdecor-theme-buttercream-cakes
- ICES International Certified Judge Completion April 2019
- Utah State Fair 1st Place Wedding Cake, Sept. 2017
- ICES Certified Judge Classroom Completion, Aug 2017
- International Cake Exploration Scholarship Recipient, Aug. 2016
My mission as a sugar artist, instructor, and judge is to create unique, custom, delicious, and unforgettable artistic delights using the best quality ingredients and service possible. There is no limit to sugar art dreams and imagination in creating one-of-a-kind designs that uniquely encompass your individuality. Extraordinary confections that are admired, devoured and always remembered. My passion is to share the sugar art industry with others through creating, instructing, judging, classes and events.
I have a fully licensed studio.
To view my professional resume visit my LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/chantal-clayton-fairbourn-44964135/
I loved our wedding cake! It was delivered on time and it looked just like the picture I showed Chantal. We ordered hazelnut chocolate cake and coconut cake with coconut buttercream. It was delicious. There were even nuts in the hazelnut layer, not just the flavoring. The buttercream was smooth and creamy. The guests at my wedding also said they loved the coconut layer. The cake was just as I imagined. Thanks for helping create that special part of our wedding day!
Luke and Logans’ Birthday
When we talked to Chantal about having a woody cake for my twins birthday party, I knew it would be great. However, when she showed up with this cake, we were all amazed and astonished!! Not only was every little detail just right on, it was so delicious!! Thank you for making my 2 year olds very happy on their birthday!
Thank you for making our beautiful wedding cake! It was amazing how you created exactly what we wanted just from a picture. The fresh flowers were perfect. The cake was so yummy as well!
Thank you for making our day extra special!
Thank you so much for doing our wedding cake. You did exactly what I was imagining. It was beautiful and tasted amazing! We were very pleased with the cake itself, and also the decorating. I really do not have anything bad to say about any aspect of the cake. And since we were planning everything from Tennessee, thank you for making this part of the planning so easy for me.
Madden’s bug birthday cake was the centerpiece for his whole birthday party and it turned out amazing. The bugs had so much detail and each one was different. All of the kids were so excited that they could actually eat the bugs and each child was able to pick one. I hated cutting it up and eating it but it was so yummy and everyone loved it!
Madden’s smash cake turned out so cute. We wanted something simple but still cute. My favorite parts were the little balls around the bottom of the cake and the number one. He didn’t completely destroy the cake so we were able to eat it after and it tasted just as good as it looked!
Thanks Chantal for making such amazing and delicious cakes, we really appreciate all of your hard work!
I worked with Chantal’s Cakes and Desserts for my husband’s 40th Surprise Birthday Party. I had a cake in mind and brought Chantal some pictures and told her my ideas and what the decorations at the party would be. The 80’s cake that she made surpassed all of my expectations! It was highlight of the party and it was so neat, my husband didn’t want to cut and serve it. It was definitely a piece of art! Everyone was dressed up in their 80’s outfits and took pictures next to the cake. Not only was it a piece of art, it was delicious! I am so thankful to Chantal, her creativity and her talent in making these works of art. My husband’s 80’s party would not have been complete without her wonderful creation.
Thank you so much for blessing us with your talent! You truly are amazing! It was so fun to see our daughter’s wedding cake. She was so specific with so many things about her cake. We had shopped around a good deal, and we had finally given up on getting exactly what she wanted – it just did not seem possible to get it all. Then we talked to you, and you made it happen! She was thrilled with her cake – it was exactly what she had wanted. It was beautiful, perfect, and very delicious, too. Thank you for helping make her wedding day perfect by creating the perfect wedding cake for her!